google-site-verification: googleb188d52f665c623e.html Why I Swore off Acne Medications | ATSHealthWellness

Why I Swore off Acne Medications

Why Did I Stop Taking Acne Medications?



Acne affects nearly 50 million individuals in the United States alone, which unfortunately allows for exploitation by many marketers and impostors looking to make a quick cash at the expense of the vulnerable and desperate.

Now, in my desperate attempts to get rid of my acne as a teenager and young adult, I was once in the category of the frantic and vulnerable, but not anymore.


I have now sworn off the use of acne medications after adopting drug-free methods of curing my acne, such as a drastic change in my diet, facial massaging, and other basic hygienic steps such as changing my pillowcases daily, having a towel that was just for my face, and so on.

Friends, I tried everything (besides plastic surgery): Proactive, Clearasil, Neutrogena, Benzoyl peroxide pills, you name it, I tried it, and nothing worked in my experience.

One product would most likely dry up my skin to the point that I'd have to twist my jaw simply to regain elasticity in my face, while the other would irritate my skin to the point where I'd have to be careful not to touch it.

Furthermore, thinking about how much time I lost using these tools makes me giggle.

For one, I had to use a cleanser, followed by a mask (10-15 minutes for this one, guys), toner, and concealer? Keep in mind that I'm a man who isn't in the entertainment industry.

Consider some more well-known products, such as Adapalene gel (Differing), Clindamycin phosphate (Cleocin T), Azelic acid (Azelex), and Tretinoin.


Friends, most people, including myself, experience adverse effects as a result of utilizing prescription topical acne medicines. Stinging, burning, redness, peeling, scaling, or discolouration of the skin are some of the symptoms. Isn't it true that we're striving to acquire smoother skin here?


Furthermore, I had to struggle with upset stomach, dizziness, and lightheadedness when I was administered tetracycline and minocycline for oral treatment by a dermatologist on two separate occasions.


Furthermore, I was told that for an effective acne treatment, I'd have to take oral antibiotics for up to 6 months! How about 4-6 months? Now, I don't know about you, but I think that's an incredibly long time to wait for an acne medication to work, especially when a natural, low-cost alternative might give you the same benefits in less than 7 to 10 days if done correctly.

Thankfully, my acne has cleared up, and despite the fact that I'm not in show industry, I though I'd give it a shot, eh? That's how much better my skin looks and how much more confident I feel, and this is coming from a guy who hated having his photo taken or even leaving his room.

If you've had success with acne meds, go ahead and use them; however, if you, like the majority of people, have had no luck with the huge selection of so-called acne cures, why not try other methods of clearing up your skin? It worked for me, and it's likely to work for you as well.

Here's to naturally clearer skin.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post